I’ve avoided memes for a long time now, but I just got tagged by Joe Brockmeier for the latest one making the rounds. It’s called “7 Things” and here’s how it works:
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here’s 7 things you may or may not already know about me. Celebrate or mock me, your call. :-)
1. I have an unbearable fear of open-air heights. I’m all right being up high indoors but get me even 10 feet off the ground and I’m a basket case. I’m so terrified of heights that I can’t watch this video — and I’m serious — without starting to black out. Because apparently my middle name is Irony, when I was in firefighter training I was able to climb untethered to the top of a 100-foot ladder extended straight up from the ladder truck. To this day, I have no idea how I pulled it off, but I’m pretty sure I threw up when I got back to the ground.
2. Speaking of names, I’ve always wanted a nickname. I’ve never been given one that’s stuck, though I did come kind of close once.
3. If you’ve been around a while, you already know about my food issues and decorating neurosis, but you may not know I’m a neat freak to the extreme. I make my bed every morning, the wheel tracks on the rug when I vacuum have to line up, and stuff scattered on across countertops makes me either weep or scream, depending on my mood. Monk’s got nothing on me.
4. Although I don’t wear fingernail polish, I never, ever go without polished toes. At a rough guess, I haven’t had bare toenails in about 6 years.
5. All three of my children were born at home. They were wonderful experiences that I wouldn’t trade for the world. All three births were attended by a physician and his staff of nurses, though my last son was born during a snow storm and the doctor didn’t quick make it on time.
6. I am absolutely grossed out by food-scented body lotions. I mean, really, who wants to smell like a guava or nectarine? Ick.
7. I have a really, really bad sense of direction. Thank god my mother got me a GPS for my birthday last year.
Now for the hard part. I have to come up with seven people to tag. I spy, with my little eye:
1. Crystal Edwards, because I secretly hope she’ll sing her 7 things.
2. Kristin Shoemaker, because I always drag my partner in crime with me for stuff like this.
4. Justin Ryan, because I know whatever graphic he puts up with his post will leave me writhing in hysterics on the floor.
5. Cory Bohon, because he is a super-cool Apple fanatic and fellow writer that everyone should get to know.
6. Renee Robbins, because I think she’s a really neat woman and I’d like to get to know her better.
7. You. I’d like you to tell me 7 things about yourself, on your blog or down there in the comments. There are about 20 more names I could have put in this slot but, the truth is, I want to know more about all my Internet friends, not just seven. So, go on, tell me what you want me to know.